Hello wonderful Elk Grove Families!
I just wanted to remind you of a couple upcoming events:
- The visit to Fog Willow Farm on October 31st at 9:30 a.m.
- The visit to the Salmon Hatchery on November 8th at 12 p.m.
Please talk to Angela if you need more information on the above.
We will be featuring a “Meet the Teacher” periodically on the blog, and this month we focus on our lead teacher Marci Bellecci.
1. How long have you been at Rio Valley?
2. What is the best part about being a teacher?
I like to see students excited about learning. Especially kids that didn’t care about learning but have become engaged in learning.
3. What would you like us to know about you (example family, kids, hobbies, skills, etc…)?
I am married with three kids ages 19, 18, and 14. I like gardening, being outdoors, camping and watching my kids involved in sports and theater.
4. What tips would you give a new parent coming to Rio Valley?
· Communicate with the teacher
· Learn the online teaching programs to help your child with
5. If you had a whole day that you could do whatever you wanted what would you do or where would you go?
I would go to Lake Tahoe and go on a hike and spend time with my family.
6. Where did you get your degree?
7. What is your favorite subject to teach?
8. What type of music do you enjoy?
I like all styles such as jazz, classical, alternative. My dad was in a jazz band when I was growing up.
9. What is your favorite book?
The Glass Castle
10. What is the best movie you’ve ever seen?
11. What do you need from parents to assist in your success as a teacher?
· Support them on the days they are home learning